Friday, April 20, 2012

Fleur de Lys, San Francisco, CA


* * * * * (5 of 5 stars) reviewed today on April 20, 2012

My husband and I dined at Fleur de Lys on March 23, 2012. I loved it. It was the best meal I've had so far on this continent. I went all out with the five course wine pairing menu. You can't go wrong with anything from their menu. I wish I could describe in greater detail the bliss after each bite, but my mind goes blank as it did that night. Our reservation was around 6pm, but soon the restaurant was filled. We had made our reservation about 2 weeks before, and it was either early or 9pm. I wouldn't try going there without a reservation anyday of the week.
The food is incredible, innovative, creative, thoughtful and just so good. The wine was just awesome. I liked how the maĆ®·tre d' was polite to the busboy/server when we overheard him excuse himself by addressing the server with "Sir." I thought that was classy. The whole place is classy. I don't know if I get the inspiration behind the decor, but all I care is that it's clean, comfortable, pleasant etc... and it was beyond that. The whole staff was pleasant and respectful to each other. The noise level was ok because there was a private party, and we were kind of near it, but it was better than your average chain place on a weekend. I didn't have to raise my voice to talk to my husband who was sitting across from me. I don't enjoy those places much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment