Thursday, April 19, 2012

Five Guys Burgers, San Diego, CA (UTC location)

* * * * (4 of 5 stars) Updated review on Yelp.com on 8/9/2011

Went into our local Five Guys last Sunday (Aug. 7), and the great news is that I don't have to yell to the cashier. The music is set at a reasonable level. Thank you! Sheesh. I wrote down my order because 1. It was very complex, and 2. The previous visits forced me (or us) outside to wait because it was ridiculously loud. They have also removed the center divider which creates a better feeling in general. Since a lot of students are on summer break, the place isn't that crowded or busy, but a steady flow. Also, another note: If you ask for a bun-less burger, don't expect them to automatically wrap it in lettuce. You get exactly what you order. So, I've learned (and this is the only place I've had to ask them to wrap my burger in lettuce).

* * * * (4 of 5 stars) Reviewed on Yelp.com on 6/9/2011

I love their burgers. I've had the "Lil" and the regular (single patty and double patty respectively). I prefer the regular because I think it's juicier. I haven't tried their buns as I do a  low carb diet. I do like them a bit more than In & Out.
However, the place is INSANELY NOISY. I don't mind the staff yelling out orders, but I have to pretty much shout out my order to the person one foot in front of me because of how loud the music is. I don't see the need to have it on so freakin' loud. Apparently, it's a company standard. I hate being in there pretty much because it is so loud. We order and then we go outside. Unfortunately, you have to go in there to check on your order (to know what numbers they have called). I don't think they have a speaker/microphone system for the outside patio area. We've been there three or four times and they are always busy. Burgers are made to order and are so good! A bit expensive especially compared to In & Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment