Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sally Loo's Wholesome Cafe, San Luis Obispo, CA

* * * * * (5 of o5 stars) Reviewed on Yelp.com on 4/14/2012

I love this cafe. My husband and I are were on a vacation for our ninth anniversary. I had the best scone in the world here and  I used to hate scones, so I'm picky. It was a cumequat scone with a maple glaze. I also had a bowl of oatmeal and some darn good coffee. It was just the sort of perfect high-carb comfort food I wanted to have that morning. It's a really cool independent place that I'd go to all the time if I lived in SLO.  I don't get this crap about microfoam on someone's espresso. It must be a local thing. You order at the counter, they bring it to you at your table.  They have the usual thing with the coffee- they give you the cup of coffee and you put in your sugar and cream, at the side bar. We sat on the side where there were these old theater chairs. I don't think they looked very comfortable. Maybe that was the only downside.

No comments:

Post a Comment