Thursday, April 19, 2012

Petrossian Restaurant & Boutique in West Hollywood, CA

* * * * * (5 stars of 5) Reviewed on Yelp.com on 11/8/2011

My husband and I spent last weekend in LA and we visited The Petrossian on Saturday night.
I had a starter that's not on the menu, but I wanted a classical preparation of foie gras, and they had it! It was served with a nice balsamic glaze, jam, and crustless white toast. My husband had the foie gras with truffle and he enjoyed it as I had non-truffle.
I ordered the ricotta gnudi and it was perfect. The serrano ham that came with it was so flavorful and fresh. My husband enjoyed his beet salad with the goat cheese truffle fondue (which is like a goat cheese sauce the server poured over the dish at service). My entree was the chicken - I've never had such a perfect chicken before. It was crazy moist in the center, and the skin on the outside was just perfectly crispy and golden - seriously perfect. The brussel sprouts that came with it could have gone another minute in my opinion, but that's ok cause it came with a bacon vinaigrette! Yum! I always try to cook my sprouts with bacon! I LOVED the cranberry and apple chutney that came with the chicken. I would have had a whole bowl of that. My husband ordered the special - the veal. He said it was really good.
He ordered desert, which I tried. It was a panna cotta with espresso caviar. That was pretty darn yummy too.
It was one of those rare, culinary divine dining experiences worth remembering. Service is very friendly and attentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment