Thursday, April 19, 2012

Poma's Italian Deli in Ocean Beach, CA (San Diego)

* * * * *  (5 of 5 stars) Reviewed today on Yelp.com 4/19/2012


Best Subs in San Diego! My husband introduced me to many of the cool spots in Ocean Beach as it was his vacation home before he moved here from Germany almost ten years ago. Being a baker (not working professionally as one now) I can tell you the best part of a good sub is the bread and Poma's has it! I have a favorite sub and I always get it unless I need to follow my low-carb diet (then I go for the antipasti which is fine): It is the roast beef with double mayo, provolone and all the veggies. It gets toasted in their pizza oven. I give my husband those peppers that come on the side. They'll make it however you like it. It's not a fancy place, but a local favorite. It is best to just take it and go home so no one will see you make a mess of yourself while eating these big sandwiches. The bread is the best and the rest is just a bonus. It's awesome because you don't ever have to wait for a long time, but there's a steady stream of customers. Two cons: Cash only and parking. Parking is street only, free (no meters). They do pastas and pizzas and one day I'd like to try one of their pizzas because they do look pretty good. I should add that I see them (the pizzas) only when they come out of the oven and into a box as they are made to order, like the sandwiches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment